Tuesday 25 May 2010

Band of Skulls

One BIG let down about this band is that have done a song for the soundtrack of Twilight. A little respect just went I can tell. The band is from the famous land of Southampton, where such musical sensations as Craig David and the drummer of Coldplay are from. I still don't know what to make of this band, they have a really good song that is Death by Diamonds and Pearls, this is what got my attention but when I worked my way through there music, I didn't see what the fuss was about. I have a feeling that the Twilight spotlight has altered there music as there old EPs are actually quite good even if they are a pain to get hold of.

The band is a very typical band which will be dragged into the charts, where there will be there 30 seconds of fame and then they will disappear. The feeling that they are walking on already trodden on ground, (The Subways) history has shown they have done what I have put. I do see some light in this band and that is there older stuff and there label which has a very distinct folk feel about it. The bands on the label are very different from Band of Skulls and this why I am following the label as it has a good set of bands such as Monsters of Folk, The Pretenders(they are not the I will walk 500 miles crap, they are a really old school alternative band) and Dukes of Spirt.

I would recommend listening to Death by Diamonds and Pearls but that is deffently it from this band. I give the song 7/10 but the rest a outstanding 3/10. Very average and they are just lucky to be on Shangri-La Music record label.

No comments:

Post a Comment