Tuesday 18 May 2010

Lance Keltner






Literally, I have just found this guy and I want to write about his insane talent! This artist has made me feel inspired! He is old school and I love it! Lance is the President of a small record company in Austin Texas called Tex-tone. People would say he is successful but he really is not as his record label cannot afford to send their best talents to Europe. The problem with income is why his there was such a huge gap between his albums Lance Ketlner (1992) and Empty V (2009). Both are awesome albums and it is clear this guy likes ACDC because the music is a little too over influenced by them and this may be why he has not made it musically.

There are huge licks and a fantastic sound that comes across which is just awesome! This guy is talented on the guitar but not so in the world of business, it’s sad to say but this guy most likely could have made it back in the day but he does not have a hope in hell now! I find this sad as his audience are in coffins now and he was a generation too late. 

I would compare him to The Answer mixed with too much ACDC, the songs that he has gone more down the Bruce Springsteen route are world class and he gets a 8/10 for them but when he goes ACDC, to me it’s like it’s all been done before and I find it dull as well as unoriginal. Maybe this just shows that I have listened to too much ACDC when I was younger but you can make your own decision. Overall this guy gets a strong 7.5/10 and I really like him, the blues and the way he works the guitar is something to be jealous of and most of his songs are different and have much contrast between them. The song to listen to is on the album Lance Ketlner and the song is The Streets of New Orleans. I strongly advice you all to listen this song! It’s not going to be huge and nor is he but it’s a massive song!    


For more info - http://www.myspace.com/simranking

No comments:

Post a Comment