Saturday 8 May 2010

John Butler Trio


I got introduced to the John Butler Trio recently and it has been a revelation to my ears, not only have I been enticed to a new genre of music but I also want to have a barn dance everytime I hear the uplifting beats of this Trio. The three Aussies/American band members are refreshing the worlds ears with songs like; Treat Yo Mother and Zebra from the 2004 album Sunrise Over Sea.

Being 16, I do have to sit down and some homework at some point. If the John Butler Trio come on, I know that after my own private shin dig has finished up, I will be none the closer to my word limit. The album is full of songs that need to be played loud and in the summer time, they have a genius, gentle glow that radiates from there simply complex songs which completes any summer day.

Their second album is the best in my opinion and it is a must have on any road trip playlist but we have a new album from the Trio, called the April Uprising. I am hearing good things from this album. If its anything like the last album (Grand National) its one to listen to with friends and cheap cider! A Summer Band, with few rotten apples!

My overall verdict on the band is a solid 6/10 worth having there stuff because you look a little indie if you have it and it also sounds good to everyone but its nothing mind blowing.







No comments:

Post a Comment